Sunday, November 27

Crafters Companion Craftaganza 2011

This was my first time going to Craftaganza organised by the fabulous Crafter's Companion. Hubby and I left the island on Wednesday and headed south to Darlington. We stopped off at Gretna Gateway for a little retail therapy and a Costa. On arriving at the fabulous Aston Hotel....I met up with the amazing Jacqui Dennis...this lady is one of the nicest people you can meet. I was the lucky one getting to spend 3 whole days with her :) Later that evening we met the lovely  Marianne and her hubby Graham. Both Jacqui and Marianne are Crafters Companion DT and I am delighted to announce that I still am too....yes i am delighted to be staying with all the girls and guys at Crafters Companion. ......squeal!
Thank you Sara for our lovely chat and to Leann too....these ladies are amazing!
Anyway back to Craftaganza so on Day 1 we had three workshops...Our first was with Claire (mwah) we made an amazing and very clever Scrapbook, then we had Sarah from Beaders Companion this was fab and such an achievment for myself as I have Arthritis. The one and only Sheena Douglass for our last workshop of the day......Paint Fusion was incredible and I am truly hooked.

The food at the Aston and the staff are fantastic and really make everyone feel at home. Such a friendly atmosphere........I have put on pounds lol and lost pounds spending at the CC shop which was set up for us all to spend spend spend :)  CC are a friendly family and everyone mucks in Simon, Michelle, Meg, Kamala and Sharon...who has the most adorable daughter.....kept us all in line when spending our pennies on CC goodies......and all manned the shop.
Over the next few days I will share my Craftaganza creations with you for to to see the fantastic workshops which were available.....tonight I will share with you  my jewelery that I made in Sarahs Workshop.


This is one of fantastic new kits put together by Sarah in her recent trip to India with Sara for Beader's Companion....it is an amazing Teal colour...delish. I managed to make the earrings and the bracelet in the class and as you can see I started my necklace so when it's finished I promise i will share it with you.

Join me tomorrow for more Crafaganza news, laughs and more of my makes.

Thanks for stopping by..if you made it to the end lol

Ali x

9 comments:

Catherine said...

I love the colour of your jewellery Ali and look forward to seeing the pics of your necklace once you have completed it.

Catherine x

Dawn said...

Lovely stuff Ali! Can't wait to see more!
Hugs
Dawn xxx

Carol said...

Awww Ali what marvellous news that you're staying on the dt Hun!!! I'm still gutted that I couldn't be with all of you at Craftaganza this year. Isn't Jacs just one of the most stunning people? She's the loveliest person I've ever met and I also luv her to pieces hehe. Your jewellery is fab, can't wait to see the finished piece. Lotsa luv, hugs xxxx

Paula (PEP) said...

Have had a quick update to catch up with you. Since my Reader with Blogger has gone up the wall I'll RSS Feed this one to keep up with you.
Much love & take care.
Paula (PEP)

Sarah said...

That jewellery is amazing hun, beautiful colours! Glad to hear your staying on the CC DT, your creations are always fantastic! Jacqui is lovely isn't she! When I did a LOTV day in Ashford, I stayed the Friday night and she invited me to join her, Bev and the LOTV girls for dinner as I'd gone on my own.
Sarah xx :0)

Rachel Brown said...

Lovely post and jewellery makes. You will soon be hooked because I know I am. I totally enjoyed meeting up with everyone for my first time at Craftaganza too and was lovely to meet you. Great blog too xxx

Linda said...

Beautiful Ali! Sounds like you had a fabulous time. I am hoping to be able to make it next year and looking forward to hearing and seeing your other news about the fabulous weekend you have had.

Hugs
Linda xxx

I have becomea new follower too and wish you good luck in blog land xxx

coops said...

wow these are beautiful ali.love the gorgeous teal colour :D

xx coops xx

Debbie said...

What a fab read Ali, thanks for sharing!!! Your jewellery is beautiful, the colour is amazing!Looking forward to reading and seeing more xxx