Monday, August 30

The Sugar Bowl #42 ~ Lilian's Sketch

 A very good afternoon the sun has been shining all day here on the island. I decided to have a little play this afternoon using this fabby stamp Poinsettia Girl by the very talented Leanne Ellis and using the sketch from The Sugar Bowl this time which is by the lovely Lilian. I decided to go for a Clean & Simple style which is my all time favourite genre. There are many definitions of Clean & Simple which I will share with you at the end of this post.

Anyway here is my card.......



 I stamped my image using Memento ink and have coloured the image using ProMarkers. The other stamps are by Papermania. These Silent Night clear stamps are beautiful and a bargain at £5.99. I have used Versafine ink to stamp the black elements. Versafine inkpads work fabulously with clear stamps which sometimes acan be tricky to ink. I have added flowersoft and glamour dust to the collar of the image for effect. the sentiment is by Woodware.


 As I said earlier there are many definitions of Clean & Simple 
Here it is explained from the Splitcoast Stampers Forum.

What is CAS?
CAS is an acronym for Clean and Simple.

There are different ways people view CAS. It is very subjective. There is no list of rules that will fit everyone’s personal definition. The following are possible guidelines, only.

1. Clean: the design is uncluttered with lots of white or open space. Simple: having a clear focal point without a lot going on to detract from it.

OR
2. simple in design regardless of the number of embellishments or how long it takes to color, stitch or to use a special technique

OR
3. can be copied and mass produced fairly quickly… usually without a lot of coloring, layers, embellishments, tools and/or techniques

OR
4. any combination of the above

Are you still with me lol.......Please do pop over and see "The Sweeties" fabby creations.


Thanks for stopping by! See ya soon.....

Stampin hugs 
 ~ Ali x ~

11 comments:

Judi said...

What a BRILLIANT card! So simple, but VERY effective! Love it!

Judi xx

nicolet said...

Oooh wauw it´s a beauty!!
Hugs Nicolet

Riet said...

What a wonderful card Ali.

Hugs Riet.xx

kath said...

absolutely stunning ali and I love the little touches of flowersoft...hugs kath xxx

Elaine said...

Gorgeous card Ali.
Very striking!
I think my cards are quite CAS, but now I've read the definitions I'm not so sure!
Thank you for joining in the Sugar Bowl Challenge.
Love Elaine xx

Sandra said...

Morning Ali....."STUNNING" card,love what you've done with this,white,black and touch of red just perfect!

Hope you are well
Take care
San x

Annie said...

wow Ali! what a stunner - I love the way you put your 'white' cards together. The touch of colour on the image really makes it pop.
enjoy your day.
hugs, annie x

Lilian said...

WOW WOW WOW ALI!!! This is stunning! I LOVE IT!!! Very elegant and I love your details, snowflakes, rhinestones, cut out sentiment and your FAB ruffles! Love it love it love it! sigh.
Thanks for joining the Sugar Bowl Challenge!

Pops x said...

Hi sweetie, i didnt know you was back, i am loving your card its gorgeous i love the little image really sweet, hope your well hugs love Pops x x x

Eileen said...

Truly tuly scrumptious. Love it. Eileen x

Sonia said...

Just beautiful Alison, so classy.
Good luck with the DT call for JCBs, i miss you all already :(
Hugs Sonia xx