Wednesday, December 2

Penny Black Saturday ~ Sketch by Beth


Morning all, just lol. todays card is for this weeks challenge over on


A fabulous sketch by the lovely Beth 

I needed to make an engagement card for my daughter and my future SIL so thought that this image would be perfect for the job. Aren't they just sooo cute.

I have always like cute but I have fallen for these Penny Black cuties big time. I can't get enough of these fabulous stamps. Between that and Stampin Up too love them both. With pennies being tight hopefuly in the New Year I will be able to buy some scrummy new ones.

Anyway for my card i have used the heart block embossing folder. I made the squres first then embossed them. i inked around the edges for effect using a Versacolor umber inkpad.

*Top Tip ~ When using small square of card or design paper use a wet glue rather than DSST so that you have moveability. I used Pinflair glue it let me slide my pieces until they were in the right postion.*

I have to confess it was my interntion to put ribbon in the center but had da senior moment and stuck down my image before i did it doh.

Well I'm doing more inserts today :( the days are quickly passing by.

 



~ Supplies ~

  • Card size ~ 6" square by Craftwork Cards
  • Stamps ~ Penny Black, Cuddly Buddly round greetings,
  • Medium ~ Prismacolor pencils
  • Access ~ Cuttlebug heart block embossing folder, MS Doily punch, Versacolor Umber inkpad

Thanks for taking the time to visit today!

Stampin hugs

~ Ali x ~

6 comments:

cats whiskers said...

Can you believe what a bad blogger I am, sorry for not visiting in the last couple of days. I just adore this lovely creation dear, fabulous colouring
Hugs Jacqui x

Riet said...

Woww Ali,what a beautiful card,i love the image and colours.

Hugs Riet.x

Rose Petal said...

Hiya. Beautiful card, I love that image, so pretty.
Love Sandra xx

jenny said...

Just gorgeous Ali, love the all white background and the sweet image x

Jenny x

kath said...

beautiful card ali..love the embossed squares and your adorable image.....thanks for joining in the fun this week at PBSC...hugs kath xxxxx

mandy said...

wow alison this is a stunning card arrr arent the meeeses so cute x